CSA’s?? Core Group Wanted!
Many people have asked if the Wilson Street Urban Farm will be offering CSA shares of their vegetable produce this season. The answer to that question is a little complex. Yes, we will be offering ten 22-week shares at $270.00 per share + $15.00 for transport/compost buckets. BUT… (there’s a catch)… only to people willing to commit to coming alongside us and helping to develop the vision the farm was founded on. What is that vision?
- individuals and families, not political policy, make the most lasting changes
- neighborhoods based on a community life of cooperation and responsibility will restore our urban areas.
- financial profits should be freely shared for the common good
- those in need must be creatively reached to bring about social justice
- the soil must be healed so that it becomes alive and nourishing
- wholesome food must be grown naturally without artificial chemicals
- creative ideas must be developed promoting independence from municipal water and the electric grid
- the organic circle must be completed by developing city-based composting
- a community-supported model must be developed
- we desire to remain independent of whims of non-profit donors
- the collective wisdom and finances of the powerless can empower a grassroots entity
In order to realize this vision we need a community. We know how to grow plants, but it takes more than farmers to bring these ideas into reality. We need people with all the various skills a community has. Can you commit to:
- meetings of the core group once a month?
- picking up your vegetable share once a week?
- returning compost to the farm in the buckets we provide?
- offering criticisms, compliments, suggestions, solutions?
We need passionate committed people for this core group. If you think you qualify for this kind of ground level CSA, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . Please explain in your response why you want to be a core group CSA member.
Remember – there are only 10 openings! Please respond by April 1, 2011, so we can arrange a face-to-face meeting to finalize the details before the CSA season begins the first week of June. When we receive your response, we will contact you with more specific information.