Artist Deadline Extended!
The deadline for artist submissions has been extended until May 3, 2013!
CALLING ALL ARTISTS!!
The Wilson Street Urban Farm invites
your creative participation to design our new sign!
The 2013 growing season is upon us! Wilson Street site needs a welcoming sign that reflects the essence and purpose of our operation.
JURIED DESIGN: Submissions will be judged and the winner selected by the 3rd/4th grade students at the Tapestry Charter School who raised the money for the new sign. The winner then, with the materials provided, will manufacture and install the sign.
PRIZE: The winning artist qualifies* to receive a full 21-week CSA share of super-fresh, naturally grown, local vegetables and herbs from the Wilson Street Farm.
- Design cannot exceed a $300.00 budget
- Materials used must be paint on signboard
- Completed sign must be able to be mounted on existing 4×4 wooden posts spaced 5’ apart and extending 5’ above the ground. (Current sign measures 30” X 96”).
- Designs should reflect the philosophy of the farm as seen on its blog site https://wilsonstreeturbanfarm.wordpress.com
- Designs must be submitted by May 3rd either via email in j-peg form to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail to:
Wilson Street Urban Farm Sign Contest
c/o Janice Stevens,
812 Fillmore Ave
Buffalo, NY 14212.
- Sign must be completed/installed by August 1, 2013.
- *To qualify for the CSA, winner must be able to pick up their shares at the farm site on Thursday